Join us August 12–19, 2017 for the 10th anniversary of Okanagan Pride.
It’s our diamond anniversary celebration and we’re planning a solid line-up of events. It’s sure to be bigger and better than any Pride celebration the Okanagan has seen!
2017 marks a pretty special milestone—the 10th anniversary of Pride festivities in Kelowna under the Okanagan Pride umbrella: our diamond anniversary.
As such, this year’s theme—Shine Bright— is directly inspired by the shimmering gemstone. And the metaphors are plenty.
We all know that Kelowna is the jewel of British Columbia, but that secret is getting out! Our community is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada and we’re getting younger, as 25-to-34-year-olds make up the largest group of new residents. Kelowna has its shine on, and there’s no sign of that dulling.
The theme is for LGBT2Q+ allies too. Queer communities in the Okanagan are making tremendous gains in equity and inclusion thanks to the encouragement and support of our allies. Just like a diamond, we are unbreakable and stronger together when we celebrate our diversity.
But most importantly our theme is a call to action for the entire LGBT2Q+ community— both collectively and as individuals. Keep carrying on. Show your pride. Express who are. And love who you want. It’s Pride. It’s your time. Shine Bright.
—Okanagan Pride Society
THE OFFICIAL EVENT LINE-UP IS HERE!
- Sat Aug 12: Lustre Launch Party with Fruitcake
- Mon Aug 14: 18-Carat Golf Tournament
- Thurs Aug 17: Trans March & Social
- Fri Aug 18: Kelowna’s Next Drag Superstar Competition & Drag Superstar Afterparty
- Sat Aug 19: Pride March & Festival in the Park
- Sat Aug 19: Radiant Wrap-Up Dance Party
See full event details in the Event Calendar below.
Wanna strut your stuff selling drink tickets? How about flexing your cleanup muscles and help us tear down after an event. We’re on the lookout to fill numerous volunteer positions during Pride week. Check out our positions on Volinspire.
Partner with Okanagan Pride—gifts in kind, sponsor an event, or sponsor the whole damn thing! Download the Sponsorship Guide.
The Festival in the Park on August 19 will include a vendor fair. Sell your goods, promote your organization or serve some eats to the crowd. Tentative schedule is:
- 9-10:30am: Set-up
- 10:30-4pm: Festival in full force—sell, sell, sell!
- 4-5pm: Take down
Vendor opportunities are sold out! But support Pride by decorating your storefront or downloading and displaying a Merchant Welcome Sign (PDF) during Pride week.
- Dress your storefront or hang a rainbow flag or artwork
- Download and display an official Merchant Welcome Sign (PDF) during Okanagan Pride
- Dress up and be part of Pride week events
- Share your Pride experiences on social media and use the hashtags #okanaganpride and #shinebright
Advertising is now closed for the 2017 Pride Guide.
Download the Pride Guide (PDF) now or watch for copies in and around Kelowna and at Pride events.