Join us August 12–19, 2017 for the 10th anniversary of Okanagan Pride.
It’s our diamond anniversary celebration and we’re planning a solid line-up of events. It’s sure to be bigger and better than any Pride celebration the Okanagan has seen!
2017 marks a pretty special milestone—the 10th anniversary of Pride festivities in Kelowna under the Okanagan Pride umbrella: our diamond anniversary.
As such, this year’s theme—Shine Bright— is directly inspired by the shimmering gemstone. And the metaphors are plenty.
We all know that Kelowna is the jewel of British Columbia, but that secret is getting out! Our community is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada and we’re getting younger, as 25-to-34-year-olds make up the largest group of new residents. Kelowna has its shine on, and there’s no sign of that dulling.
The theme is for LGBT2Q+ allies too. Queer communities in the Okanagan are making tremendous gains in equity and inclusion thanks to the encouragement and support of our allies. Just like a diamond, we are unbreakable and stronger together when we celebrate our diversity.
But most importantly our theme is a call to action for the entire LGBT2Q+ community— both collectively and as individuals. Keep carrying on. Show your pride. Express who are. And love who you want. It’s Pride. It’s your time. Shine Bright.
—Okanagan Pride Society
- Sat Aug 12: Official Launch Party
- Sun Aug 13–Tues Aug 15: nothing planned—yet!
- Wed Aug 16: Golf Tournament
- Thurs Aug 17: Trans March & Event
- Fri Aug 18: Kings & Queens of the Okanagan–6th Annual Drag Competition
- Sat Aug 19: Pride March, Festival in the Park, and Pride Wrap-up Party
Got an event in mind? Host an affiliate event.
(Event schedule is subject to change)
Partner with Okanagan Pride—gifts in kind, sponsor an event, or sponsor the whole damn thing! Download the Sponsorship Guide.
We’re putting together a full guide for this year’s festival. Get your brand in front of the 7,000+ people who take in Pride Events. Check out the Pride Guide advertising rates.
The Festival in the Park on August 19 will include a vendor fair. Sell your goods, promote your organization or serve some eats to the crowd. Tentative schedule is:
- 9-10:30am: Set-up
- 10:30-4pm: Festival in full force—sell, sell, sell!
- 4-5pm: Take down
We’re looking for affiliate events—activities that are connected to Pride Week, but not directly hosted by the Okanagan Pride Society.
Fees for Affiliate Events:
- Non-profit Organization: Free
- For-profit Business/Organization: $40.
What you get: Listing in the official Pride Guide and a listing on the okanaganpride.com website. Note: Affiliate event submissions must be received by June 8, 2017 in order to appear in the Pride Guide.
Want a professionally-designed, Okanagan Pride-branded poster? Available for $100 (printing is not included = DIY printing).
- Dress your storefront or hang a rainbow flag or artwork
- Download an official Merchant Welcome Sign for Okanagan Pride (coming soon)
- Dress up and be part of Pride week events
- Share your Pride experiences on social media and use the hashtags #okanaganpride and #shinebright